6 years ago when we got married we didn’t end up going on a honeymoon. It just wasn’t the right time and we couldn’t afford more than a couple of extra nights at our hotel. But we did plan one. We had originally planned to spend some time in Quebec City in September or October. So today’s The Trip / The Outfit post is featuring that trip (but today, instead of 6 years ago).
Since you end up doing a ton of walking in any city and the weather can be unpredictable in fall, I would bring a good pair of comfortable boots. These Sorel’s can go from the streets to the parks easily. I would keep a pair of flats in my bag to change into if we were going into a nicer restaurant or historic church.
I picked pieces you could dress up or down for evening dinners or afternoon hikes. When traveling, I invest in a good bag and good shoes. Everything else I save on.
Photo at top of graphic by Luc (Secretsamba)on Flickr.
- Cable Knit Sweater in Light Gray from AEO – $49.95
- Red Plaid Scarf from Zappos – $28.00
- Hue Super Opaque Tights from Amazon – $12.50
- Classic Leather Ballet Flats from Gap – $39.95
- Lace Hem Skirt in Olive from AEO – $39.95
- Out and About Boots from Sorel – $110.00
- Timbuk2 Manhattan Tote from Zappos – $149.00
Graphic is original to Lost & Fawned. Feel free to share, pin and post, but please make sure you link back to this post so people can get the accompanying information and links. Thanks a million!