Omigosh… I can’t wait for autumn. Seriously. I had a death grip on summer for awhile, but now I am so ready for cooler weather, fall foods and layers upon layers. I want to rake leaves, drink hot tea and wear boots.
I’ve been gear up for fall and recently I have filled in a few gaps in my shoe wardrobe. I’m still missing a few key pieces, but I think I have exhausted my current clothing budget, so for now I’m stuck window shopping. Today I just wanted to share some real workhorses when it comes to fall shoes. Pieces that are versatile and can be mixed into tons of different outfits.
Clockwise from Top:
- Casual Patterned Flat // Wear them casual or dress them up for the office. I love these little polka dot flats. You could wear them with jeans, tights, bare legs, everything. Plus they are Dr. Scholl’s, so they should be super comfy. - Really Flats by Dr. Scholl’s $75.00
- Fun Running Shoes // Of course they are great to have for running, but Nike’s (especially Free Runs) have been huge in Street Style for awhile (check out some awesome examples here). Mint and melon is one of my favorite color combos, but you can’t go wrong with classic black and white too. - Flex 2014 Run by Nike $80.00
- Classic Moccasins // I have these Minnetonkas in my closet and adore them. They are so comfy and perfect for casual days at work or autumn errands. I love these ones too, because they maintain the classic shape but add a little edge with some studs on the toe. - Suede Studded Moc by Minnetonka $45.95
- Casual Ankle Boot // My favorite way to transition my dress collection into autumn is to add tights, a cardigan and a boot. While riding boots have been king (are are still amazing), ankle boots or booties have been creeping up on them. - Pil Age Suede Booties by Kenneth Cole Reation $99.00
- Menswear Inspired Oxfords // These are one of my favorites. They are so versatile and add a certain sophistication to any fall outfit. – Cristin Oxfords by Enzo Angliolini $109.00
- Textured Smoking Flat // These, in my opinion, are the perfect fall flat. These are great for work and play. The tweed with black piping make them special, but they are still neutral and easy to wear. - Shindig Tweed Flats by Nine West $69.00
- Your Perfect Nude Pump // This is something you really need to try on (Zappos is great, free shipping and free returns). Nude pumps are an incredibly versatile piece to have in your arsenal, but there is such a wide range of shades and you really need to find the right one for your skin. I found mine (these Stuart Weitzman’s in nude) refurbished at Nordstrom Rack for a steal. Invest in a quality pair, but shop sales to get a deal. - Bethany Pump by Cole Haan $248.00
- Sneakers in an Unusual Material // These are a classic shape, but are so seasonal in red felt and leather. Wear them for chasing the little ones around the neighborhood on Halloween or to the apple orchard. - Champion Felt Sneakers by Keds $50.00