It’s time for another LUSH review and it’s another face cleanser. I love Dark Angels, but I wanted something else to use on a daily basis so I wouldn’t over exfoliate. Since I planned on using a toner as well I opted for something more gentle. After doing a lot of research, Fresh Farmacy seemed to fit the bill. Fresh Farmacy is a calamine based bar cleanser. All the ingredients, including lavender and chamomile are concocted to help sooth irritated skin.
Skin type: Combination skin. Mostly oily with some dry patches around my mouth and between my eyes. Large pours that clog often and frequent break-outs. I use very limited make-up.
- This actually leaves my skin looking calmer and less red and irritated after I use it. With most store-bought cleansers, I usually have to wash my face and then let my skin calm down. But this bar leaves my skin looking soft and evenly toned almost immediately.
- I love the herbal scent of this. It’s a great way to start and end the day.
- For my oily/combination skin, this does not over-dry. I use this along with a moisturizer and toner, but even just using Fresh Farmacy alone does not make my skin flaky or too tight.
- I’ve seen results over time. In general, after almost a month of use I have seen less breakouts, more evenly toned skin and a nicer skin texture start to emerge. I feel like I’m on my way to getting “movie star skin” (which I know is actually not 100% attainable because you know… photoshop).
- Not much of a lather. This isn’t really terribly important to me. It is actually a good thing because it means it doesn’t include over-drying detergents and foaming agents. But I know some people need that satisfying foam.
- It’s a soft bar. I don’t like to leave this in the shower. Prolonged heat and moisture might hurt the life of the bar. I have the sink right outside my shower, so I put it on a soap dish on the edge of the sink, grab it when I need it and then store it in the medicine cabinet between uses to keep it out of the humidity.
- It’s a very gentle cleaner, so it probably will not remove heavy make-up. If you wear very limited make-up (like me) or use a make-up remover prior to cleansing, then this shouldn’t be an issue.
For me, this is a total keeper. I will continue to purchase this to use in my regimen as a daily cleaner. I’m currently washing with Fresh Farmacy and then using Tea Tree Water to tone and finishing with Imperialis to moisturize. I use Dark Angels 2-3 times a week for a good scrub (read my review on that here). This combination is working really well for me right now.
Are you a Lush addict? What are your must-haves? Please share you experiences and favorite products in the comments! I’m always looking for new products to try.