In this week’s Living for Less I really wanted to tackle a cozy space that was very contemporary and a little creepy (since halloween is on the way!). I found exactly what I was looking for in this beautiful bedroom on Fancy, originally from Home Style Magazine. I love that it has the white walls and off-white carpet of a new apartment or condo. It’s a look you could replicate in a contemporary rental space.
The big splurge item is the limited edition print by Kelly Thompson, who created the drawing in the original inspiration image. If the skulls are a little too whimsical for you, bring them out as modern seasonal decor in October. Leave the duvet plain for a cleaner look, or jazz it up with some block printed shapes in royal blue to make it a little more edgy (here is a great DIY tutorial on Design Sponge). I think the lamp is a steal at just $14.99. It’s perfect for late night (or as the days get shorter, late evening) reading in bed.
The one thing I just could not track down was a faux fur throw that is under $50 and has the same luxe feel as the beautiful (but likely authentic) pelt on the bed. A nice fluffy throw blanket in cool gray or a graphic pattern would make the bed just as cozy.
- “Moonlight Drive” Limited Edition Print by Kelly Thompson / $250.00
- Industrial Side Table from Target / $89.99
- Wood Pole Scholar Lamp from Target / $15.99
- Yellow Skull Candle Holder by Hodi Home Decor / $26.00
- Platform Upholstered Bed from Amazon / $393.48
- Peach Cotton Duvet Cover & Shams from Amazon / $49.99
- Linen Skull Pillow from Amazon / $11.29
- Color Blocked Pillow Cover from Ikea / $14.00
Graphic is original to Lost & Fawned. Featured image is from Home Style Magazine as seen on Fancy. Feel free to share, pin and post, but please make sure you link back to this post so people can get the accompanying information and links. Thanks a million!