It’s almost time for our traditional Memorial Day Weekend backpacking trip. This time of year, hiking in Midwest, Northeast or Northwest means unpredictable weather and chilly nights and mornings. To combat this, I pack in layers and pack items that can be hiked in and slept in. I always bring a good pair of thick leggings that I can wear to sleep and hike in on chilly mornings. A hat is also on my must-have list since nights get cold and I can’t sleep with my face zipped into my bag.
Here are some of my picks to keep you comfortable in any weather and temperature. I also tried to pick pieces that are made for women but aren’t in the usual pink or purple they seem to LOVE to put female backpackers in.
- Northface Bashie Stretch Jacket from Backcountry / $107.37 SALE
- Mountain Hardware Pandra Pullover from Sierra Trading Post / $64.95 SALE
- Chi Extra Long Tank from Athleta / $42.00
- Quest Chaturanga Tights from Athleta / $69.00
- Smartwool Saturnsphere Socks from Moosejaw / $20.95
- Icebreaker Valor Beanie Hat from Sierra Trading Post / $26.95
- Kuhl Splash 11 Shorts from Backcountry / $64.95
- Patagonia Stretch All-Wear Cargo Pants from Moosejaw / $63.99 SALE