We are heading out for our annual Memorial Day weekend in the woods. This year we are taking both dogs for the first time. We set up the tent in the office and all climbed in to make sure we could all fit. It’s going to be close quarters, but it should be fun.
We usually go out to the Dolly Sods Wilderness in West Virginia, but this year we are staying a little closer to home and looking to go to Minister Creek in Pennsylvania.
Our gear is pretty much ready to go at the drop of a hat. In the spring I always take it all out and check for holes, make repairs and clean out the water filter. I ordered a few things to add to our stash this year since we’ll have double the dog with us.
I know a lot of people are all about green when it comes to gear, but since my stuff tends to get strewn across the campsite I go for color. We already own some of this stuff (like the radio and the dog bowl), but are few of these are new to us (like the upgraded pack for Logan).
- Nuun Hydration Tablets – $17.99
- MSR Packtowel in Current – $14.96
- 100 ft Paracord in Turquoise – $8.49
- Paracord Survival Bracelet – $11.77
- Outward Hound Port-a-Bowl – $3.99
- Etón Self & Solar Powered Radio, Flashlight & Charger – $26.25
- Klean Kanteen Steel Bottle – $16.80
- Petzl Headlamp in Lime – $19.30
- Kyjen Outward Hound Dog Backpack – $24.94 (for XL)