Daily Archives: November 9, 2011
While all families require different degrees of formality when it comes to Thanksgiving, I always felt like I was expected to look nice, but feel comfortable (after all kicking back on the sofa after eating 3 helpings of mashed potatoes doesn’t feel quite right in a cocktail dress). Whether you are having dinner at your grandmas or wine and a fried turkey with friends here is my foul-proof thanksgiving uniform.
I started with a basic cute tee I found for $19 from clearance at Threadless and built a warm and cozy outfit (but tidy and clean) with pieces from around the web.
- Fitted, dark wash denim always looks nicer than faded and torn. These are from IOU Project.
- A cozy cardigan in a fall-ish hue. I found this one on clearance at Madewell.
- Try something new this year and make some memories with a Diana F+ from Lomography. Have them developed and bring the prints to Christmas.
- Just in case you end up at a no-shoes household, be sure to wear some cute (and clean!) socks like these from Need Supply Co.
- If it’s not snowing yet, these heeled ankle boots by Steven are a perfect early holiday gift to yourself.
Stay tuned next week for a dressier (but still comfy) Thanksgiving look.
Continue reading →