Daily Archives: February 23, 2011
This afternoon I spent some time wearing some new prototypes to see how they look on a body. I had nice light so I photographed them. The palette from my head is really starting to come together. Bright, contemporary gold and metallics mixed with spring florals and summer linen. I had to sneak a birdie in somewhere and that statement necklace seemed like the perfect place. The brass fringe is one of my favorite pieces to wear.
I fell in love with this rocker awhile ago. In my dream nursery, this would be my rocking chair. And the whole palette would center around this ikat fabric.
Finn Rocker from Anthropologie.
(Leontodon Taraxacum, Dandelion Print from Libris Lunaria – $12)
When I need a break from packing I find myself in front of my laptop (and in front of the space heater) looking at lovely things and killing time. I just had to share a few fun little things I found that you might enjoy if you have a spare moment.
- Vintage reproduction prints from Libris Lunaria. I love the botanical and astronomy prints the most.
- If you’re craving a taste of summer already like me, try making Peanut Butter S’mores Turnovers.
- Learn something new! Download some free sheet music (for personal use only of course) and park it at the piano for a couple of hours. I think I would go with “Blackbird” by the Beatles or maybe “When She Loved Me” by Sarah McLachlan for Toy Story 2 (that song is so sad and beautiful).
- Reminisce about the 90′s and play some old school game boy games on your computer. It brought back some real memories to battle it out on Pokemon Blue (because blue was so much better than red!).
- Come up with a caption and win a print at the Happy Heathen. My entry was pretty lame, but I’ve never been good at that sort of thing.
- A REAL waste of 1 minute and 20 seconds, but it made me laugh. Sleepy cats with cups on their heads. Enough said.
Good luck being productive today. Time for me to get a move on.