Janis here, from Pinecone Camp – a blog where I share my work as an interior and lifestyle photographer, design related stories, my baking hobby, some d.i.y., and my own personal work. The lovely Lindsey asked if I would take part in her “shopping lists for the holidays” feature, so I jumped at the chance. I adore Lost and Fawned and I knew this list would make me get my act in gear and, hopefully, get my shopping done earlier than usual. Thank you Lindsey!
My list, I think, has something for everyone. I have a wide variety of people to buy for, and this list reflects that. Hope you find something on it that works for you. Happy shopping!
- Locarno Footstool by Gallant and Jones – $85 (on sale) : I’ve shot this duo for a magazine – love their work. I have a couple of these stools and took them camping, and they were perfect for sitting on whilst roasting marshmallows. I think my sister could use one of these as well….along with some marshmallows.
- Glass Votives by Glassy Baby – $40 : I’ve been a big fan of GlassyBaby for a few years. I just may get one of these for one of my many sisters. The colours are beautiful! About $40 each. Fantastic and inspiring story behind this company as well. Check them out.
- Autobiography of Mark Twain – $30.80 : This was one cool guy. I’ve got to buy for my brother-in-law in Australia. This is definitely what he’s getting.
- Paper Mobile by Haru – $35 : These are simply adorable. I love paper, and so does a certain pal of mine. I think this would be sweet in a child’s room as well.
- Pendant Lamp by Timorous Beasties – 155 euros : Ok, this is a little bit more of a splurge, but I’d love to get this for my husband. It would be perfect in his “music room”.
- hippo by Tiny Warbler – $48 : Kate has been making these adorable stuffed guys for a few years. I love local, and hand created. I know a few new babies out there, so I’m thinking about this little hippo for one of them.
- Washi Masking Tape from Little Happy Things – $9.25 : I have heaps of this tape and I love it! It can be used for so many things. I’m thinking of getting this set of 3 for a friend of mine that loves all things Japanese and paper. Great little stocking stuffer. $9.25 for this particular set. I get my tapes from Little Happy Things – a fun etsy shop.
- Black Glitter Toms from Toms – $65 : Toms are sooo comfy. I need this sparkly, festive pair for our long flight to Australia for Christmas. Hmmm. Guess they’d be an early Christmas gift then. I love that for every pair they sell, they give a pair to a child in need. Toms are perfect for air travel, as they slip off easily so you can skip on to your pat down or full body screen. Your choice. ;)
- Birchwood Tray from LuPrints – $27 : I shot Ulla for a story in House and Home magazine. She’s a huge talent. I still can’t believe how reasonable her prices are. I have my eye on her trays at the moment, as a hostess gift.
- URBANEARS – 60 EUR : I have a pair in happy yellow, and I don’t want to share them with my husband on the next long haul flight. They cut out noise, beautifully, and they’re super comfortable as well. Bliss. My husband really needs his own.
Thank you so much Janis for sharing this gorgeous list with us! Be sure to stop by Pinecone Camp for more from Janis and her beautiful photography. Stay tuned for more lists this week!