Daily Archives: November 29, 2010
As most of you know, this past weekend was the official kick-off of the holiday shopping season. This year I am pleased to play host to a handful of my favorite bloggers. I wanted to give you some guides from different voices. Every list is different. Some will focus on specific people on your list (men, the organic gardener, etc.) and some are just beautiful lists of wonderful things. Hopefully you’ll find them helpful as you start your shopping!
First up is Megan! Megan is the creative force behind Lilac Saloon. Formally studying fashion design, she is always posting stunning inspiration and creating beautiful things for her shop (including her amazing Wall Flowers).
Her list is chock-full of lovely things for all of your loved ones. All are handmade (with the exception of #10, which is for your favorite crafter) and all of them are $85 and under (most are under $50).
- Eco Friendly Vegan Fabric Flats by Extraseed – $38 : I love the geometric pattern and the simple design of these adorable flats by extraseed on Etsy. I’d love them for myself or to give to my little sisters!
- Recycled Felt French Press Cozy by Remade Shop -$29 : I use my french press every day. I think wrapping it in warm wool would help keep my fresh coffee warmer, longer! Also, it’s cute. This would be a great gift for my fellow coffee drinking friends – especially the newlyweds!
- Geometric Bib Necklace by Laura Lombardi Jewelry – $85 : I adore lots of chains and unique shapes in my jewelry and Laura Lombardi Jewelry does a great job of impressing me! This would be a beautiful gift for a best friend who deserves
something extra special.
- “I Am Loved” Art Print by Stephanie Ryan Art – $20 : Beautiful and encouraging, this art print is a gift that comes straight from the heart. It would look amazing in an ornate all white frame!
- Screen Printed Birch Log Pillow by my imaginary boyfriend – $50 : I love these so much! Anyone with a more rustic design sense would totally appreciate these as a gift. They easily add a touch of fun to nature inspired decor. She also offers a “make your own” kit for these pillows in her shop for $27!
- “You Are My Sunshine” 13×19 Art Print by The Wheatfield – $22 : I’d love to give this as a gift to a little girl for her bedroom wall. It’s happy, pretty and a sweet reminder that she is always loved!
- Peppermint Marshmallows by Calabasas Candy Co – $7.50 : These sound so amazing to dunk into big mugs of hot cocoa when the snow starts to fall! I’m pretty sure this is a perfect gift for anyone and everyone.
- Bear Coin Purse by One Little Red Fox – $38 : Hehehee so cute!! I love this little coin purse (and the many other cute things in this shop!) for it’s playful personality and use of print and color.
- Goldfish tights by gal stern – $38 : I love, want and need these amazing handprinted tights by Tel Aviv textile designer Gal Stern. They’re perfect!
- Cotton Fabric Wildflower Deco Tape from Wonderland Room – $6.40 : These floral tapes are so pretty and are a fun way to add some interest to your gift wrapping or to actually give as a gift! I’d love to give them as a little extra addition to a gift I’m already giving to creative and crafty friends.
Thank you so much again to Megan of Lilac Saloon! Stay tuned in the coming weeks for more beautiful lists to suit everyone on your list!